This course is suitable for anyone supporting young people aged 8-18 years.
During adolescence, our brains are developing as we experience unique pressures which are out of our control. This can have a negative impact on teenagers’ mental health, but there are things we can do to make this tricky time easier.
The aims of this course are as follows:
- To learn about the development of teenage brains
- To recognise & understand the changes that go on throughout adolescence
- To notice signs and symptoms of common mental health problems
- To implement effective tools for managing emotions and behaviours
- To have a good knowledge of helpful/unhelpful lifestyle behaviours
Globally, one in seven 10-19 year-olds experiences a mental illness
Average completion time: 3 hours