Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA®) courses are for everyone who works with, lives with or supports young people aged 8-18. They will teach you the skills and confidence to spot the signs of mental health issues in a young person, offer first aid and guide them towards the support they need.
This introductory three hour session raises awareness of young people’s mental health. It covers:
- Some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
- Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues
- Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
On completion of this course, you will receive:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Youth Mental Health Aware
- A manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
Three Hour Session
This course requires a minimum of 8 participants to run, and has a maximum capacity of 25 participants.
Third Sector, Education & Community Organisations
Statutory and Business
|Group Rate (8-16 participants)||£600||£1000|
|Group Rate (16-25 participants)||£1360||£2000|
In addition, charges are added for Instructors’ travel expenses, accommodation and refreshments if outside West Essex, and any venue hire costs incurred.