This 3-hour interactive workshop builds an understanding of brain development and how this impacts behaviour and life chances.
This session is ideal for those who work in helping professions:
- Mental health services
- Health care
- Emergency services
- Youth offending service
- Foster carers
This course is also suitable for others who have an interest in the topics covered.
During this workshop we will aim to:
- Develop an understanding of the impact of trauma
- Explore the impact of toxic stress and adverse childhood experiences
- Gain knowledge on neuroscience research in relation to trauma
- Develop an understanding of working in a trauma-informed way
- Explore the impact of vicarious trauma on ourselves and those around us
- Discuss practical resources for self care for ourselves and those we support
Every attendee will receive a certificate upon completion.
This half-day course is delivered to groups with up to 16 participants for £350.
In addition, charges are added for Instructors’ travel expenses, accommodation and refreshments if outside West Essex, and any venue hire costs incurred.